Return to Play - Safely
During the COVID-19 crisis, the County Sports Tourism department is following all guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control, the federal government, the state of Florida and Seminole County. Our foremost priority is the safety of the athletes, teams, and families that our destination hosts for sports tournaments, clinics, practices, and other events. Additionally, we are prioritizing the health and wellbeing of our staff and all citizens of Seminole County.
To ensure proper social distancing, the Seminole County Parks and Recreation Division has made the following changes:
- Placed signage and floor markings throughout sports facilities, and doors will be propped open whenever possible to reduce excessive contact on shared surfaces.
- Tables around concession areas or open spaces are limited and will be rearranged throughout the day to ensure proper spacing, with concessions and park staff utilizing proper protective equipment, including face coverings and Plexiglas barriers.
- Portable hand-washing stations are available at each facility, and restrooms and high-traffic areas are cleaned frequently throughout each event.
- Dugouts and playgrounds are also chemically fogged prior to the start of play each day.
- Public service announcements will be made over the PA system throughout the day to remind all to practice social distancing and proper handwashing.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, check this site for updates, or contact us directly at playorlandonorth.com/contact. The Play Orlando North team is committed to helping event organizers with all aspects of planning and executing an event, including implementing best practices and safety protocols. For full details, click here to visit our return to play operations document.