Sanford, FL 32773
The Larry A. Dale Aquatic Center in Sanford was specifically designed and developed to hold any aquatic competition in the world, including water polo and synchronized swimming. The Myrtha competition pool was built by Weller Pools using many of the same design innovations used in the pools built for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. Featuring eight 50-meter lanes and 20 25-yard lanes, this pool was built to accommodate large competitions.
Since opening, the pool has hosted numerous competitive tournaments and events, including high school championship swimming and diving, the 2001 Sunshine State Games, and the 2002 Florida High School State Water Polo Championships. This facility has the proven track record of successfully hosting numerous events at this Olympic-sized replica facility in Sanford.
- Eight 50-meter lanes
- Twenty 25-yard lanes
- On-site staff to help run and organize tournament
- Facility has all necessary equipment to host large water polo or synchronized swimming events
NOTABLE EVENTS HOSTED:
- 2001 Sunshine State Games
- 2002 Florida High School State Water Polo Championships
- Seminole Athletic Conference Swimming and Diving Championships
- Home of the Golden Age Games Swimming Championships
- Numerous high school and club tournaments every year